Hogwarts: A Time of Change
Welcome to Hogwarts: A Time of Change!

Summer break is underway and students are out and about in the world waiting for another year to begin. Hogwarts is currently closed with professors planning lessons and getting everything ready. With students out in the streets, does that make them safer or not? It seems as though something is out brewing on the horizon. Something that no one is quite ready for.

See if you can find a place in the world of Harry Potter, there is much to choose from; magical abilities, creatures, students, adults, etc... See if your loyalty is with the Order, the Death Eaters or the Guardians..make a choice...take a stand...

Where do you belong?

Summer break is underway and students are out and about in the world waiting for another year to begin. Hogwarts is currently closed with professors planning lessons and getting everything ready. With students out in the streets, does that make them safer or not? It seems as though something is out brewing on the horizon. Something that no one is quite ready for.

See if you can find a place in the world of Harry Potter, there is much to choose from; magical abilities, creatures, students, adults, etc... See if your loyalty is with the Order, the Death Eaters or the Guardians..make a choice...take a stand...

Where do you belong?

Times are changing and we need to decide where our loyalties lay... light or dark? You choose...

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
GAME DATE: July 2072

Hogwarts is currently closed for Summer Break.
With the summer heat students are escaping outdoors
and getting together with friends. Enjoying
spending time without the pressure of school riding over their heads.

With only a short time left before school begins,
all students should do their best to get all
their school shopping complete.
(A quick one-shot will do except for Ollivanders)

Keep cool and stay safe,
Time of Change Staff
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Character Switch
Character Switch

Current Events
Month
 photo ToCJuly1.png
Year 2072

Updates

~ Please take a look at our site calendar to see the pace in which we move things along.

~ All avatars must be 180x400.

~ School shopping is in session, get everything you need before September 1st.
 photo Staff_zps1ebaddf8.png photo gabby_zps6a6f3c43.png

heidi_zpse323ba81.png

ivy_zps5f2ffdf1.png

Latest topics
» Celebrity Claim List
Hogwarts Job Positions EmptyMon Aug 01, 2016 5:41 pm by Violet Dante

» Once Upon a Nightmare (JCK) -- Fairy Tale Horror (1 Year!)
Hogwarts Job Positions EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 10:10 pm by Guest

» [Jcink] The Harvests | a jupiter ascending rp | needs canons
Hogwarts Job Positions EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 11:24 am by Guest

» [Jcink] Muirfield Is Watching | a cw batb rp | needs canons
Hogwarts Job Positions EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 11:21 am by Guest

» [Jcink] X-Men: Rising Hope | a movie based rp | needs canons
Hogwarts Job Positions EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 11:18 am by Guest

Hogwarts Job Positions EmptyMon May 18, 2015 2:31 pm by Malakai Parker

» The Age of Divergence
Hogwarts Job Positions EmptySat May 02, 2015 5:47 pm by Guest

» The Age of Difference
Hogwarts Job Positions EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 11:05 pm by Guest

» The Age of Difference
Hogwarts Job Positions EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 11:04 pm by Guest

» Signature Request for Thera
Hogwarts Job Positions EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 4:31 am by Thera Carlisle

Useful Links
THESE LINKS WILL HELP YOU REGISTER
(Ordered as you should visit them)

RULES
DESCRIPTIONS
CELEBRITY CLAIM

PROFILES
CLASS SIGN UP
ADULT JOBS
STUDENT JOBS

OTHER USEFUL LINKS
SITE MAP
WHO'S WHO
STATISTICS
HOGWARTS INFORMATION
NEWS/ANNOUNCEMENTS
RECORDS
HOUSE POINTS
SITE SUGGESTIONS
GRAPHIC REQUESTS
GAMES
ADVERTISING
AFFILIATION
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 97 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:25 am
 photo Stats_zpsdb8eef5a.png
|| Students || 03 : 01
|| Gryffindor || 01 : 00
|| Hufflepuff ||
01 : 00
|| Ravenclaw || 00 : 00
|| Slytherin || 01 : 01
|| Adults || 18 : 09
|| Totals || 21 : 10
 photo Affiliates_zps39f7b97f.png

Click on the links below to VOTE for our site daily

Hogwarts Job Positions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gabriella Walker
Gabriella Walker
Headmistress
Headmistress

Galleons : 54240
Strength : 23
Reflex : 26
Agility : 23
Accuracy : 30

Hogwarts Job Positions Empty
PostSubject: Hogwarts Job Positions   Hogwarts Job Positions EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 8:06 pm

Hogwarts

HEADMISTRESS • GABRIELLA WALKER
DEPUTY • HEIDI CARRINGTON

Head of House

GRYFFINDOR • EVAINA MOORE
HUFFLEPUFF • ASTRID LANCASTER
RAVENCLAW • LEONA FLYNN
SLYTHERIN • CAS TIMERE

Professor

ANCIENT RUNES • HEIDI CARRINGTON
ASTRONOMY • TUDOR RALEIGH
CARE OF MAGICAL CREATURES • THERESA RHODES
CHARMS • EVAINA MOORE
DEFENSE AGAINST THE DARK ARTS • GABRIELLA WALKER
DIVINATION • LEONA FLYNN
FLYING •
HEALING • CAS TIMERE
HERBOLOGY •
POTIONS • BROOKLYN MURPHY
TRANSFIGURATION • ASTRID LANCASTER

Substitute Professor

SUBSTITUTE • IVY STEVENSON
SUBSTITUTE •
SUBSTITUTE •
SUBSTITUTE •

Staff

LIBRARIAN • WADE KEATING
HEALER •
APPRENTICE •
QUIDDITCH REFEREE •

If you are interested in any of the positions please post your application below...

Code:
[b]Name[/b]:
[b]Age[/b]:
[b]Position you're interested in[/b]:
[b]Qualifications[/b]:
[b]A sample of the lesson/job post[/b]: (please make it a decent length):

Last edited by Gabriella Walker on Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:03 am; edited 22 times in total
Back to top Go down
Astrid Lancaster
Astrid Lancaster
Transfiguration Professor
Transfiguration Professor

Galleons : 1245
Strength : 21
Reflex : 21
Agility : 21
Accuracy : 21

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Job Positions   Hogwarts Job Positions EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 5:40 pm

Name: Astrid Luna
Position you're interested in: Transfiguration
Qualifications: NEWT's and OWL's in the subjects, Studied Transfiguration at length in university, and did some travelling around Egypt working with curse-breakers.
A sample of the lesson/job post: (please make it a decent length):

Wandering into the classroom, her purple cloak sweeping behind her like a storm Astrid grinned at her second years sat in their seats just gleaming with magical potential. It felt so very long ago since she had been sitting in those seats. She chuckled softly, pushing aside the memories, and held her arm out and on cue a snowy wood owl named Pluffer, whom she had paid handsomely with treats flew across and landed on her arm. Astrid allowed herself a wry smirk.

"Professor Lancaster." She introduced herself bluntly, no need for frivolities. ""Today class," She spoke clearly, moving more centrally in to the room. "We will be using a spell I hope you have been reading up on over the summer." She continued, staring pointedly at two young Hufflepuff's sat giggling at the back of her class. "The incantation in question-" Astrid paused turning measuredly, pointing her wand at the board, the incantation appearing in a pearly chalk as she spoke the words. "Vera Verto. It requires three main things. Pronounciation. Posture. And movement. All of which must be precise. All of which I will teach you." She preened, turning to face her class again.

Setting Pluffer on her desk Astrid grasped her wand firmly, her wrist loose. "Watch carefully. One. Two. Three." Astrid lightly tapped Pluffer with the tip of her wand on each count. Vera Verto"." She said her voice soft and melodical as she took in the reactions of her students, watching Pluffer turn into a clear crystal goblet."You are to tap- and I say tap not bludgeon! Tap your animal of choice three times careful not to restrict the flow of magic with a firm grip. After you have tapped three times you say the incantation. Say it with me. Vera Verto"

"Vera Verto"The class chimed back.

"Good. Remember to keep you posture controlled, like your intent. Everything must be measured and in equal balance. If you do not... well, I'll let some of you find out what happens when they are not in balance. It will make for an interesting lesson. You may begin, but please be aware I will be watching you, and I will not tolerate foolishness in my class." Astrid finished with a lingering smile, a gentle threat laced beneath as she began wandering between the desks of her students, watching with careful eyes for those she would expect great things from, and those who would need polishing.

"Application Accepted"
Back to top Go down
Ivy Stevenson
Ivy Stevenson
Mistress of Magic
Mistress of Magic

Galleons : 1292

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Job Positions   Hogwarts Job Positions EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 9:17 am

Name: Ivy Stevenson
Position you're interested in: Substitute - Willing to substitute any subject that is needed.
Qualifications: Reasonable OWLS and NEWTS in the United States, and decent language and communication skills. Work experience as a teachers assistance during college.
A sample of the lesson/job post:

Ivy was not sure what she was supposed to do to make the lesson interesting for the students. She had studied the subject of Herbology for the past few weeks, preparing herself for the lesson that she was required to teach. She was currently waiting for a class of older students, and had selected the Venomous Tentacula for then to study for the current lesson period.

She had the store room stocked with enough of young plants for the group of student to grow them to adulthood in pairs. She would select the pairs herself, hoping that it would allow for equality. Ivy had therefore decided to quiz the class on their knowledge of the subject before selecting the groups.

Ivy checked her watch, seeing that it was time for the lesson to begin. Anybody late would need to return for detention that night so that they could catch up on the lesson that they had missed. "Hello everyone. I am Professor Stevenson, and I am substituting for Herbology this lesson." Taking long paces, she walked down the side of the room, looking at each student that she passed.

"This lesson, we will be working in pairs to tend to a very dangerous, even potentially fatal. Before you split off into your pairs, however, I would like to give a bit of a quiz." Waving her wand, the blonde sent black pieces of parchment, an ink well and a quill to land on the workbench in front of each of the members of the class. "You will listen to the quiz and simply number and write your answers onto this piece of parchment. It does not go toward your final mark, so don't worry if you don't know the answers. Are there any questions before I begin?"

"Application Accepted"
Back to top Go down
Wade Keating
Wade Keating
Librarian
Librarian

Galleons : 73

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Job Positions   Hogwarts Job Positions EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 11:53 pm

Name: Wade Keating
Position you're interested in: Librarian
Qualifications: Wade used to spend hours at the Library reading. He loves to write himself and loves escaping into words

Wade looked around at the inventory that had just come into the library. There were a few new books and after double checking the list with the books that were in the box put the list down. Picking up the box he walked over to the cart and placed them on it.

Walking out o his office and rolled the cart around and placed the new books where they belonged. He glanced around and saw a book on the ground and placed it in its proper place and walked back to his office. Walking back out he walked around and made sure that the students that were around had everything they needed.

After helping a few students find more books he got back to the front desk and starting putting books on the returned list. Checking a list he found a few students had some overdue books and he sent them an informing letter. Leaning back in his chair he closed his eyes and relaxed.

"Application Accepted"
Back to top Go down
Cas Timere
Cas Timere
Healing Professor
Healing Professor

Galleons : 2205

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Job Positions   Hogwarts Job Positions EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 8:41 am

Name: Cas Timere
Position you're interested in: Healing Professor
Qualifications: Three years of night classes at University, and an apprenticeship in healing.

Cas waved his wand a final time and everything was ready for the class. Out on each table was a replica of major human organs. The heart, the brain, the lungs, the liver, and a kidney were all ready to be dissected. There were two seats next to each table, and he would be dividing the class into pairs.

Stacked on his desk were kits that would be for each student to keep for his class. They contained all of the basic muggle-style equipment that they would need for their lessons throughout the year. Sitting down at the desk in the front of the room, Cas examined his work. Perhaps I should have them write a short essay before we begin the practical part of the lesson... he thought, before deciding against it. He had so little precious time to teach them as it was, and the students could do the theory as homework.

(I'm sorry that it's not very long.)

"Application Accepted"
Back to top Go down
Tudor Raleigh
Tudor Raleigh
Astronomy Professor
Astronomy Professor

Galleons : 223

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Job Positions   Hogwarts Job Positions EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 3:12 pm

Name: Tudor Raleigh
Position you're interested in: Astronomy Professor
Qualifications: Astronomy degree at Aetas Wizarding Academy

Tudor opened the large oaken doors to the Astronomy tower and let out a sigh of relief. He felt so free up here; there was no judgement under the dark night sky, the stars woulds till continue to glimmer and glint and the moon would still complete its lunar phases. At times like this Tudor realised just how insignificant he was in the grand scheme of things, but the magic, the majesty and beauty of it all often took his breath away. He stepped further into the tower and florished his wand, a buttle of telescopes flew into positions all around the tower as a flurry of footsteps made themselves known.

Tudor turned opening his arms widely in a beckoning manner and stepped back into the centre of the tower. "Welcome, I'm Professor Raleigh, and I will be leading you through your Astronomy Syllabus this year. Pay attention and show promise and you'll find your eyes opened to a whole new world!" He grinned, taking in the number of students whom had filed into the tower.

"Tonight we will be going through the lunar phases, if you are unfamiliar with them that is fine. If you have brought your books with you like I have requested, then all you need to do is turn to page 231 and there will be diagrams and photographs of what you are looking for." He began taking a small turn of the room. "I would like to encourage a bit diversity in my classes so I would like you to assemble yourselves into groups of four and I would like a mixture of houses within those groups." He stated, fixing a groaning group of Gryffindors with an icy glare. "The first group to correctly determine what stage the Earth's moon is in it's cycle will receive house points and a secret prize." Tudor continued, his smile turning wry as he saw a few Slytherin's and Ravenclaw's perk up. Nothing like a bit of healthy competition.

"I shall give you a clue though to help you begin your search... Round the globe the moon does twine, the moon you search creates Earthshine... That is all, your time begins now!" He laughed, throwing his hands in the air as the student sorted themselves quickly into groups and ran towards a telescope. This would make for an interesting lesson, he liked competition, but he strongly believed they needed to shake up their misconceptions and get to mingle outside their houses. Tudor would see to it that this would happen, at the very least, only in his lessons. Change needed to happen.

"Application Accepted"
Back to top Go down
Evaina Moore
Evaina Moore
Charms Professor
Charms Professor

Galleons : 515

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Job Positions   Hogwarts Job Positions EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 10:33 pm

Name: Evaina Moore
Position you're interested in: Charms Professor
Qualifications: Impressive NEWT's and OWL's scores, worked as a substitute professor at a nearby London university for a couple of years, handy with her wand

Evaina rested on the edge of her desk, nylon-clad leg swinging idly as she waited for the rest of her students to file in. She would not tolerate tardiness, and she had to make sure to establish that well into the beginning of the school year before anyone thought they'd dare take advantage. The second the clock struck the time, her door was charmed closed and locked. If someone came knocking, she'd know exactly who it was and would be able to reprimand them accordingly. Luckily, no one seemed willing to test her patience as she counted her attendance and smiled, pleased. "I'm happy to see everyone has made it on time. Do make it a habit, it will be in your best interests." She promised as she slid off of where she'd been seated. Sliding her list of students back on the desk, she turned to face them all properly.

"I am Professor Moore, and I will be teaching you in this class for the remainder of the year, and years to come," she said smoothly, eyes grazing past each one of her pupils individually. "We will first go over the syllabus, just to ensure you all know what is expected of you during this school year. Then, we will hop right in to our first lesson. No time shall be wasted." With a snap of her fingers, she had the chalk charmed to write as she spoke. She went over each detail of the syllabus, such as grades, expectations, limits on absences, and consequences if it came to them. When she was finished, she asked if there were any questions, and when she received none, she smiled, pleased. "Means I went over everything well." She mused. "Time to start the lesson!"

The board was erased before she again snapped her fingers, the chalk at attention and ready to write what she voiced. "Today, we will be working on the unlocking charm, would anyone be able to tell me what that is?" She paused, waiting, until she pointed toward one of the raised hands. She listened through the introduction before smiling when the answer was correct. "Yes! Ten points to Gryffindor," she mused. "Alohomora is used to lock and unlock locks not protected by magic." She turned toward the locked chests she had set up. "Please, I'd like you all to group into two pairs, and collect a chest. Then, take turns using the incantation and moving your wand in a gesture like this," she demonstrated, moving her hand like a snake. "I'll be here if any help is needed. Begin!"

"Application Accepted"
Back to top Go down
Brooklyn Bennett
Brooklyn Bennett
Potion's Professor
Potion's Professor

Galleons : 2096
Reflex : 24

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Job Positions   Hogwarts Job Positions EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 9:57 pm

Name: Brooklyn Murphy
   Position you're interested in: Potions Professor
   Qualifications: NEWT's and OWL's in the subject, Studied potions in depth at the university, studied abroad and has created a potion.
Brooklyn smoothed down the ruffles on her sleeve after having finished writing what the agenda was for the day. Easily she had imagined being up here one day, being the potions professor when she had been sitting in those seats that were before her, but it was almost surreal when actually faced with it. Still, she was always ready to take on the day and always ready to teach. Especially knowing that there were pupils out there among the students that had been just like her. Yearning to know more in the world of potions.

Still, there was time between classes and the students were finally filing in, she gave each one a friendly nod motioning for them to take whatever seat it was they were more or less assigned to for the year. Once they were settled and it was time for class to start, her door closed and a locked charm kept tardy students out. She was a stickler for attendance. "Greetings, students! As you know, I am Professor Murphy, and today, we are going to start things off with a little..." she trailed off, turning her head and motioning to the board behind her that exposed what it was that she had written. "Exploration of the potion that is called Amortentia. Whilst you will not be able to make it yourselves this day, I have taken it upon myself to make some for the sake of experience. Now, can anyone tell me what the potion does?"[/b] she asked, waiting for hands to shoot up to answer.

Upon picking a student and hearing their answer, she smiled. "Yes! Very astute, ten points to Ravenclaw. Amortentia is the most powerful love potion to the known magical world. However it does not create actual love, but a very powerful infatuation or obsession from the drinker." Standing up, she walked over to the sample she had made and grabbed the bottle it was in before returning to her desk. "Now, I will allow you guys to see the potion and smell it. Amortentia has a very unique property of giving off a scent in which the person is most attracted to. Come up and tell us what you smell," she mused, holding the bottle out for the first student to smell, talking about what she had smelled before student after student followed after.

"Application Accepted"
Back to top Go down
Theresa Rhodes
Theresa Rhodes
Care of Magical Creatures Professor
Care of Magical Creatures Professor

Galleons : 2255

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Job Positions   Hogwarts Job Positions EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 3:56 am

Name: Theresa Rhodes
Position you're interested in: Care of Magical Creatures Professor
Qualifications: High NEWT results, including an O in CoMC. Life long experience with both Muggle and Magical creatures. Studied various creatures during her travelled, and worked for short periods of time with different animal carers and trainers.

Theresa sat on an upturned bucket in the middle of the Care of Magical Creatures clearing, one of her legs crossed over the other and a clipboard rested lightly on her knee. Glancing at her watch, the woman wondered how much longer her students would be taking, considering lunch had just gone so they wouldn't have need to wait until their previous professor released them from the class. Tapping her foot impatiently, Theresa's eyes narrowed as the first student appeared in the distance.

Standing abruptly, she flung the bucket out of the clearing with her wand and stood with the clipboard and self inking quill, reading to take down those who were on time, and those who were late. "Come along, students," she called, noticed another couple of people approaching from the trees, "we don't have all day!"

As the students filled into the area, she began to speak, a piece of parchment somewhere in the stack in the clipboard would be copying what she was saying for those who were not there yet. She would not be repeating anything that she said. Gaze sharp, the brunette looked out over the gathered students and began to speak. "Good afternoon, and welcome to Care of Magical Creatures. In this class, you will learn both theoretically and practically, the methods that can be used to control, neutralise, and care for magical creatures. Throughout the year, you will meet and work with many different animals, and I must remind you all that these are living things. They care, and they feel, and the fact that they are magical being means that some of them can understand and take offence to the things that you say."

Theresa felt that the most important introductions were out of the way, and knew that she would be doing an in depth introduction in each lesson with warnings that applied specifically to the creature that they would be working with that day. "Now, this afternoon we will be having a theory lesson, and yes, we most certainly will be starting simple," she began, twirling her wand around her fingers as her gaze remained fixed upon her students, "owls. I'm sure that many of you have your own owl, and if not then you've probably at least met one. They're very common in our world, and one of the most used animals. They deliver our post, which is sometimes an every day affair. But there is a lot more to owls than simply tying a letter to their leg and releasing them to do your bidding.

"You're first task of the lesson will be to each in turn tell me something that you find interesting about owls. Only one at a time, but feel free to call you the answers."

"Application Accepted"
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Job Positions   Hogwarts Job Positions Empty

Back to top Go down

Hogwarts Job Positions

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1