Hogwarts: A Time of Change
Welcome to Hogwarts: A Time of Change!

Summer break is underway and students are out and about in the world waiting for another year to begin. Hogwarts is currently closed with professors planning lessons and getting everything ready. With students out in the streets, does that make them safer or not? It seems as though something is out brewing on the horizon. Something that no one is quite ready for.

See if you can find a place in the world of Harry Potter, there is much to choose from; magical abilities, creatures, students, adults, etc... See if your loyalty is with the Order, the Death Eaters or the Guardians..make a choice...take a stand...

Where do you belong?

Summer break is underway and students are out and about in the world waiting for another year to begin. Hogwarts is currently closed with professors planning lessons and getting everything ready. With students out in the streets, does that make them safer or not? It seems as though something is out brewing on the horizon. Something that no one is quite ready for.

See if you can find a place in the world of Harry Potter, there is much to choose from; magical abilities, creatures, students, adults, etc... See if your loyalty is with the Order, the Death Eaters or the Guardians..make a choice...take a stand...

Where do you belong?

Times are changing and we need to decide where our loyalties lay... light or dark? You choose...

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
GAME DATE: July 2072

Hogwarts is currently closed for Summer Break.
With the summer heat students are escaping outdoors
and getting together with friends. Enjoying
spending time without the pressure of school riding over their heads.

With only a short time left before school begins,
all students should do their best to get all
their school shopping complete.
(A quick one-shot will do except for Ollivanders)

Keep cool and stay safe,
Time of Change Staff
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Character Switch
Character Switch

Current Events
Month
 photo ToCJuly1.png
Year 2072

Updates

~ Please take a look at our site calendar to see the pace in which we move things along.

~ All avatars must be 180x400.

~ School shopping is in session, get everything you need before September 1st.
 photo Staff_zps1ebaddf8.png photo gabby_zps6a6f3c43.png

heidi_zpse323ba81.png

ivy_zps5f2ffdf1.png

Latest topics
» Celebrity Claim List
Humiliating Fail (PG) EmptyMon Aug 01, 2016 5:41 pm by Violet Dante

» Once Upon a Nightmare (JCK) -- Fairy Tale Horror (1 Year!)
Humiliating Fail (PG) EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 10:10 pm by Guest

» [Jcink] The Harvests | a jupiter ascending rp | needs canons
Humiliating Fail (PG) EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 11:24 am by Guest

» [Jcink] Muirfield Is Watching | a cw batb rp | needs canons
Humiliating Fail (PG) EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 11:21 am by Guest

» [Jcink] X-Men: Rising Hope | a movie based rp | needs canons
Humiliating Fail (PG) EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 11:18 am by Guest

Humiliating Fail (PG) EmptyMon May 18, 2015 2:31 pm by Malakai Parker

» The Age of Divergence
Humiliating Fail (PG) EmptySat May 02, 2015 5:47 pm by Guest

» The Age of Difference
Humiliating Fail (PG) EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 11:05 pm by Guest

» The Age of Difference
Humiliating Fail (PG) EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 11:04 pm by Guest

» Signature Request for Thera
Humiliating Fail (PG) EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 4:31 am by Thera Carlisle

Useful Links
THESE LINKS WILL HELP YOU REGISTER
(Ordered as you should visit them)

RULES
DESCRIPTIONS
CELEBRITY CLAIM

PROFILES
CLASS SIGN UP
ADULT JOBS
STUDENT JOBS

OTHER USEFUL LINKS
SITE MAP
WHO'S WHO
STATISTICS
HOGWARTS INFORMATION
NEWS/ANNOUNCEMENTS
RECORDS
HOUSE POINTS
SITE SUGGESTIONS
GRAPHIC REQUESTS
GAMES
ADVERTISING
AFFILIATION
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 97 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:25 am
 photo Stats_zpsdb8eef5a.png
|| Students || 03 : 01
|| Gryffindor || 01 : 00
|| Hufflepuff ||
01 : 00
|| Ravenclaw || 00 : 00
|| Slytherin || 01 : 01
|| Adults || 18 : 09
|| Totals || 21 : 10
 photo Affiliates_zps39f7b97f.png

Click on the links below to VOTE for our site daily

Humiliating Fail (PG)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Caroline Lancaster
Caroline Lancaster
Auror
Auror

Galleons : 1734
Strength : 21
Reflex : 21
Agility : 21
Accuracy : 21

Humiliating Fail (PG) Empty
PostSubject: Humiliating Fail (PG)   Humiliating Fail (PG) EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 9:09 pm

Caroline swiftly moved through the streets of Diagon Alley, skillfully avoiding running into anyone has she headed straight for Ollivander's Wand Shop. She had never been so humiliated in all her life. It was bad enough that she had allowed herself to trip at work, but it was even worse that she snapped her wand in front of that bloody idiot. If only she had been paying attention to where she was going after she gave the man a talking down to. Instead she had tripped on something laying on the floor and fell directly onto her wand.

She fingered the wand pieces in her pocket angrily as the memory replayed fresh in her mind once again. It only made her wish she could turn back time and not make a complete fool of herself, but she didn't have her hands on a time turner. Once Ollivanders was in her sights she pushed the door open and looked around for the shopkeeper. Except no one was about, with a mental shrug she headed toward the front counter and pulled the form toward her to begin filling it out.

Name: Caroline Lancaster
Birthdate: October 21st
Height: 5'8"
Current/Former House: Salem
Strongest Subject: Art, Ancient Runes
Weakest Subject: Divination

"There," she murmured softly to herself, setting the quill down as she leaned her hip against the counter to wait for the person to appear.
Back to top Go down
Rowena Ollivander
Rowena Ollivander
Ollivander's Wand Shop Owner

Galleons : 9296

PostSubject: Re: Humiliating Fail (PG)   Humiliating Fail (PG) EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 12:57 am

Rowena knew she was being a little abnormal and she knew that if anyone was actually in the shop that would probably be giving her the stink eye or just the 'you're-freaking-nuts' look. Thankfully since her name was Ollivander that didn't prevent too many people from finding another wand shop with someone less like her. Currently she was lying on the floor behind her counter. She had fallen over ten minutes ago, but since she had no reason to get up and she was bored she had just remained there. She just kept staring at the dreary ceiling and thinking up ways to make it more welcoming, which made absolutely no sense.

It was as she considering using flowers that the door was pushed open and the chime on her door went off. Rowena froze, worried what the person would think of her lying there when she realized that they couldn't see her to begin with. So she waited to see hear what they would do first. After a brief pause she heard the person start for the counter and Rowena turned over onto her stomach and lifted herself to her knees. She considered crawling away and acting as if she was in the back room, but she would probably be spotted and that would be even more odd then popping up from behind the counter.

The sound of a quill scratching over parchment brought her back to the present and she hit her head gently against one of her drawers before standing up and smiling sheepishly at the woman. As far as she was concerned she was not going to acknowledge what she just did. "Welcome to Ollivanders. My name is Rowena, how can I help you?" she asked, her smile shifting from embarrassed to welcoming as she slipped the woman's information toward her.
Back to top Go down
Caroline Lancaster
Caroline Lancaster
Auror
Auror

PostSubject: Re: Humiliating Fail (PG)   Humiliating Fail (PG) EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 5:10 pm

Caroline felt a slight vibration against the counter as she leaned forward to write her information, but made nothing of it since she didn't feel like she was in any danger. Though in a matter of seconds as she leaned against the counter a woman popped up from down under and Caroline's eyes widened in surprise. She hadn't realized the shop keeper was hiding underneath, but at her sheepish smile she pretended not to see. "Hello Rowena, I'm Caroline," she smiled back politely as the woman pulled the parchment toward her. "I broke my wand last night and I'm in need of something usable," she winced as she remembered the tragic way her wand had perished.

She had stupidly placed it in her back pocket as she started to move some furniture around her new flat and when her foot got caught on something she fell and it snapped on impact. Caroline would have felt a little less stupid if it had broken during a job, but no her wand broke while she was home and alone. There was no way she was ever relaying that story as how her first wand since she was eleven broke. "I don't think my current wand is fixable, but I have it here if you need to take a look at it," she added with a quick gesture to her pocket.
Back to top Go down
Rowena Ollivander
Rowena Ollivander

PostSubject: Re: Humiliating Fail (PG)   Humiliating Fail (PG) EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 11:18 pm

"It's a pleasure to meet you Ms. Lancaster," Rowena was grateful that the woman wasn't calling attention to her rather unorthodox entrance and instead keeping this normal. "That tends to happen a lot, I wouldn't worry about that too much. I'm sure we can find you something new that will suit your needs," she assured Caroline when she noticed her wince. A lot of people were usually embarrassed when they needed a new wand and she had learned how to deal with it.

Rowena licked her lips before chewing on it thoughtfully. "I guess there is no harm in looking, but if the core is snapped and the wood is complicated disconnected it won't be able to be fixed. Only very minor cracks can be fixed as there is no way to reattach something when the connection has broken. Is it minor or severe?" Rowena asked curiously, gently running her fingers along the underside of the counter, a habit she had developed when she was thinking.
Back to top Go down
Caroline Lancaster
Caroline Lancaster
Auror
Auror

PostSubject: Re: Humiliating Fail (PG)   Humiliating Fail (PG) EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 4:14 pm

"I hope you're right, it was embarrassing enough without having to leave empty handed," Caroline admitted with a somewhat forced laugh. That was a fear of hers that she hoped was unfounded and even though Rowena Ollivander was assuring her otherwise she couldn't push the thought aside until she had her new wand in her hand.

Caroline smiled sadly as she set her wand on the counter since she knew the verdict. The wand was in worse shape as it was more than just snapped in half, it was in four pieces and the core was most definitely snapped. She shrugged unhappily before slipping her hands into her jean pockets. "It's... very severe," she admitted with a blush, tilting her head to the evidence in front of them both. "So I guess that means a new wand for me.." she trailed off before taking a look around the shop. Maybe it would be the one in the window display, or hiding somewhere unseen.
Back to top Go down
Rowena Ollivander
Rowena Ollivander

PostSubject: Re: Humiliating Fail (PG)   Humiliating Fail (PG) EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 1:24 am

Rowena could easily recognize the worry in her tone and the worry in her laugh. She hoped to fix that however she could. "I wouldn't worry about that," Rowena assured with a warm smile, hoping to ease the woman's worries. It wasn't like she was the only one with those thoughts and she had yet to ever send anyone empty handed. "It might help to know that no one has ever left here without a wand before," she murmured with a soft chuckle as she absently studied the girl.

As the woman placed her broken wand on the counter she leaned forward, licking her lips as she started to examine the pieces of the wand. With only a hesitant glance up her curiosity got the better of her and she reached for the pieces and turned them about. "You're definitely right, this is very severe and you will be needing a new wand. Would you like something to hold the old pieces or should I take care of this?" she asked softly, hoping the woman wouldn't get offended that she was talking about getting rid of the old and broken wand.
Back to top Go down
Caroline Lancaster
Caroline Lancaster
Auror
Auror

PostSubject: Re: Humiliating Fail (PG)   Humiliating Fail (PG) EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 5:21 pm

There was always a first person for everything, but Caroline decided not to voice that opinion and instead watched the shopkeeper closely as she started examining her wand. When she agreed that the break was too severe to fix she couldn't help but feel sad for the permanent loss of her first wand. She had had that wand since she had first learned about magic. It had been with her through so many big moments in her life that she was a little disappointed that she had to say goodbye. "Something to hold the old pieces would be nice," she replied eagerly, at least she would always have it even if she couldn't use it any longer.

"Thank you," she smiled her gratitude for the wand maker's kindness as she waited to see how the wand process began in England. This would be her first experience and she didn't want to miss a thing.
Back to top Go down
Rowena Ollivander
Rowena Ollivander

PostSubject: Re: Humiliating Fail (PG)   Humiliating Fail (PG) EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 2:00 pm

"Sure, I'll get you something once we've found you a new wand," she stated with a smile as she once more studied the woman's information before looking her over. If she wasn't mistaken there was a couple wands she had in mind. It would all depend on the woman's temperament though. From what Rowena could see the blonde woman seemed easy going enough, but one could never tell without delving in deeper.

Rowena nodded decisively to herself before lifting her gaze to meet Caroline Lancaster's. "I have a couple wands in mind, please make yourself comfortable and I'll be right back!" she called out eagerly as she walked quickly to grab the one's she could already visualize in her head. An she had been in such a rush that for the first time she had left her flats behind her counter. Rowena pressed her toes against the carpet as she reached for one of the boxes before bending down and rippling through a couple and grabbing the second one.

"Here we go.." she mumbled happily, a pleased grin taking over since it was just where she had left it. Now she only had to wait and see which, if either, the blonde would feel connected to.

Rowena quickened her steps to hide the evidence of her naked feet before setting the boxes on the counter and sliding the lids off with ease. "These two here we created far before my time, but I assure you they both are in great working order. Why don't you try them both out and see if either are a good fit?" she offered with an encouraging smile.
Back to top Go down
Caroline Lancaster
Caroline Lancaster
Auror
Auror

PostSubject: Re: Humiliating Fail (PG)   Humiliating Fail (PG) EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 2:43 pm

Caroline nodded absently, smiling softly at the woman for thinking about something like that She wasn't sure most people would have been as kind about something so small. "Ok.." once the shopkeeper was out of range she took a moment to really look around and see the how many wands the Ollivanders had created through the years, the one's that hadn't been chosen as of yet. She was sure the one she was supposed to have would be somewhere in the pile of wands, it was only a matter of finding it. Given what she had heard of Ollivanders she had faith that the woman would be able to locate her something usable.

"Thanks," she found herself jumping in surprise at Rowena's happy and unexpected entrance. The woman had a way of moving about the shop that was almost sneaky or Caroline was really off her game and not paying enough attention. "Old wands, huh.. Ok," she felt her own excitement start to rise while she found herself itching to get her hands on the wands. They both looked equally entrancing, but after a quick decision to reached for the wand on the left and that entrancing feeling all but disappeared.

She frowned as she felt the dead weight in her hand, she could already tell this wand wasn't for her, but as she wasn't the expert she tried a quick levitating charm. Nothing happened and having a quick look at Rowena Ollivander she set it back down and grabbed the wand on the right without preamble. The feeling was instantaneous and she found herself licking her suddenly dry lips in anticipation.

The zing was obvious, but once again she raised her hand and cast a levitation charm. Caroline practically jumped in excitement when the vase she had been aiming out lifting effortlessly. "I think this is it, what do you think?" she asked eagerly. Not that she had the wand in her hand she almost didn't want to let it go.
Back to top Go down
Rowena Ollivander
Rowena Ollivander

PostSubject: Re: Humiliating Fail (PG)   Humiliating Fail (PG) EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 12:40 am

Rowena nodded absently as Caroline spoke, just letting her talk since it didn't seem like she expected any kind of response for the shopkeeper. She only watched the woman's hand expecting, shifting up to her face every now and again to make sure she didn't miss her expression when she tried out the wands. As Caroline Lancaster picked up the first wand Rowena could see that she wasn't happy with it. It was the first indication that the wand wouldn't work. So much for Vine wood... She was disappointed with the results, but there was still one more wand she had chosen for the woman to try before she had to leave to find others.

The moment the second wand was lifted from it's box the connection seemed instantaneous and palpable. It wasn't too unusual to feel something in the air when first trying out the right wand. "I believe you're right," Rowena smiled brightly at the woman's obvious excitement. "Let me just get this all wrapped up for you and I'll add in the box for your old wand.." she murmured absently as she started doing as she said. After setting the wand type on the top of the box she lifted her eyes up to meet Caroline's. "Was there anything else I can help you with?" she asked the woman curiously as she slid everything closer to the blonde to gather when she was ready to head off.

Caroline Lancaster's wand is: Ivy wood, 12 1/4 inches, coral shavings mixed with ashwinder ash
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Humiliating Fail (PG)   Humiliating Fail (PG) Empty

Back to top Go down

Humiliating Fail (PG)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts: A Time of Change :: Other :: 2066 :: Ollivander's Wand Shop Threads-